Columbia County Car Accident Attorneys
Injured In a Car Accident Accident? Call (570) 784-5211
It's estimated the average American spends 101 minutes driving each day. In that time, the average driving distance is 37 miles. That adds up to over 600 hours on the road and over 13,000 miles traveled each year. Considering how much driving we do, it's not surprising that Drivers.com estimates 10 million people in the United States are involved in motor vehicle accidents each year. While most of these accidents are minor fender benders, many result in serious injury and even death.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motor vehicle accident, you need to contact an experienced Bloomsburg, PA car accident insurance attorney. The legal team at the Law Offices of Kreisher & Gregorowicz has represented injured clients throughout central Pennsylvania for four decades. But, it's important you act quickly. Call our offices today at (570) 784-5211 for a free case evaluation.
The Big Three Causes of Car Accidents
Researchers have identified the top three causes of motor vehicle accidents in America:
- 1. Impaired driving: This comes as no surprise. A driver impaired by alcohol or other or substance (pain killers, sedatives, amphetamines, etc.) has decreased motor skills, reactions, and judgment skills. Mothers Against Drunk Drivers (MADD) estimates there are 300,000 incidents of drunk driving daily.
- 2. Speeding: Also not a surprise. The faster a vehicle is traveling, the more difficult it is for a driver to maintain control of it. Increased speed also decreases the reaction time a driver has to avoid an accident. Vehicles traveling at a higher velocity cause greater damage and more serious injury when they're in accidents. The U.S. Department of Transportation reports that speeding leads to about one third of all motor vehicle accidents.
- 3. Distracted driving: This is the number one cause of vehicle accidents in the country. And it's still a growing problem. With cell phones, texting, and easy Internet access at our fingertips, drivers are more distracted today than ever. Studies show drivers using a hand held device are four time more likely to be in an accident. A driver who is texting is 23 times more likely to be in an accident.
Possible Compensation for Your Car Accident Injuries
If you or a loved one is injured in a motor vehicle collision, whether as a driver or passenger, you may be entitled to compensation for certain damages, including:
- Medical bills
- Damage to property
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages due to time off of work
- Permanent injury
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- And more
Contact a Columbia County Car Accident Attorney Today
To file a successful personal injury claim, you need to have the guidance of a skilled personal injury lawyer to help you navigate civil law. The Law Offices of Kreisher & Gregorowicz have successfully represented many Columbia County clients over our 40 year history.
Call our offices today at (570) 784-5211 for a free consultation. You are not alone in your fight for justice.