For four generations, the Kreisher family has practiced law in Columbia County. Marianne is a founding member of Kreisher Marshall & Associates, LLC and one of two certified elder law attorneys in Columbia and Montour counties. She received her certification in 2011 from the National Elder Law Foundation as authorized by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court. Marianne is also a national certified guardian by the Center for Guardianship Certification. In addition, she is a licensed real estate title agent. Marianne specializes in the areas of elder law (including Medicaid and asset protection), estate planning and administration, guardianship, special needs planning, estate litigation, and real estate transactions.
Marianne earned her B.A. from Penn State University in 1993, where she was a member of the 1990-91 Lady Lion Gymnastics Team. She graduated cum laude from Widener Law School in Harrisburg in 1996. While in law school, Marianne was an internal editor of the Widener Journal of Public Law and a member of the Trial Advocacy Honor Society.
Following law school, Marianne worked in the Pennsylvania Attorney General's Office for eight years as a deputy attorney general handling criminal appeals, grand jury investigations, and criminal prosecutions. While in the Attorney General's Office, she was involved in several murder trials, as well as child abuse and insurance fraud cases. Marianne handled appeals in the Pennsylvania Superior and Supreme Courts, the Middle and Eastern Federal District Courts of Pennsylvania, and the United States Supreme Court.
In 2007, Marianne returned to her hometown of Bloomsburg and joined the Law Offices of Kreisher & Gregorowicz. She began her focus in elder law. On January 1, 2019, Marianne and Attorney Marissa Marshall purchased Kreisher & Gregorowicz, changed the name to Kreisher Marshall & Associates, LLC and began focusing the law firms' practice to areas affecting seniors, the disabled and their families and real estate.
Marianne is a member of the Pennsylvania Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, the Columbia/Montour County Bar Association, the National Guardianship Association, the Pennsylvania Guardianship Network, and serves as Vice-Chair of the Elder Law Section of the Pennsylvania Bar Association. She is an accredited attorney with the Department of Veterans Affairs. Marianne has been named a Super Lawyer in 2022 and 2023. Super Lawyers is a rating service of lawyers across practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. Marianne has served as an adjunct professor at Central Penn College, is a regular presenter for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute continuing education programs and is a contributing author to Elder Law Pennsylvania, Ch. 11 - Medical Assistance Marriage Issues (5th ed., PBI Press 2019). She is also very involved in her community - currently a member and past-president of the Bloomsburg Kiwanis Club, the Columbia/Montour Bar Association and the Bloomsburg Area School Directors. Marianne resides in Bloomsburg with husband, Corey Getty, and their six children.
Can't forget Charley! Charley is the KMA office dog and mascot. She’s great with the clients and loves to hang out in the office during the day – probably so that she can be well rested for when she gets home to terrorize her two older golden retriever sisters, Riley and Bailey.
- Widener University School of Law, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Trial Advocacy Honor Society, Member
- Penn State University
- B.A. - 1993
- Honors: Lady Lion Gymnastics Team, Member, 1990-91
- Pennsylvania, 1996
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Member
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Member
- National Elder Law Foundation, Member
- Life Care Planning Law Firms Association, Member
- American Land Title Association (ALTA), Member
- Columbia/Montour County Bar Association, Past President
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Council of the Elder Law Section, Vice-Chair
- Department of Veterans Affairs, Attorney
- Super Lawyers
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Elder Law Attorney, National Elder Law Foundation, Authorized by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, 2011
- National Certified Guardian, by the Center for Guardianship Certification
- Licensed Title Agent
- Pennsylvania Attorney General's Office, Deputy Attorney General
Classes & Seminars
- Central Penn College, Adjunct Professor
- Bloomsburg Kiwanis Club, Past President
- Bloomsburg Area School Directors, Director
- Columbia Montour Bar Association