What You Should Know About Protecting Your Assets in Pennsylvania
You and your family have spent a lifetime building up a respectable savings. You may have considerable investments in real estate, stocks, or some other financial endeavors. You may have built a successful practice of your own, or gone into the family business. You may have simply amassed a large collection of prized and potentially priceless valuables that will eventually be handed down through your family. Whatever the case may be, you more than likely want your investments, business or assets to remain within your family or act as a potential retirement plan.
If you and your family have assets that you wish to protect from potential long-term care costs, your first order of business is to speak with a qualified estate planning lawyer.
At Kreisher Marshall & Associates, LLC, we have the experience, understanding and skill to help you determine exactly what you wish to protect and the best way in which to make sure this happens. For over four decades, our firm has helped the people of Central Pennsylvania in regards to estate planning. With our representation, you will be able to insure your assets against any potential catastrophe.
For more information or to schedule an appointment with a member of our asset protection team, call our office at 570-798-1084. You can also schedule online.
- Basic Estate Planning – preparation of power of attorneys, wills, advanced health care directives – does NOT include trusts and asset protection planning.
- Advanced Estate Planning & Asset Protection – preparation of power of attorneys, wills, advanced health care directives, asset protection planning and trusts.
- Nursing Home Placement/Medicaid
- Estate Administration/Probate
- Real Estate Transactions
- Social Security Disability
If you are uncertain what type of appointment you need, please reach out to us by phone at 570-798-1084 or send us an email.
How Can An Experienced Attorney Help Me Protect My Assets?
Asset protection, like estate planning, depends greatly upon your current circumstances. Some of the more common questions that must be first considered when protecting your assets include:
- Are there sizeable real estate investments that are in your family’s name?
- What, if any, legal proceedings are you current involved in?
- Do you own your own business?
- How much equity do you own?
- What are your family dynamics?
- What is your current health?
Keep in mind these are just a small sample of the types of questions that will need to be answered. Asset protection is very much an “assessment” of your present fiscal circumstances, determining the type of risk potential your assets may face and building an effective strategy around these factors. Depending on the specifics of your estate, there are a wide variety of options that your attorney may suggest. Only a qualified asset protection attorney can give you a clear picture of what options may be best in your particular situation.
Representation You Can Trust in Columbia County
Don’t wait for your assets to come under fire before taking the appropriate steps to protect them. Insuring them now is an investment in your family’s future. Call Kreisher Marshall & Associates, LLC at 570-798-1084 to schedule a consultation today.