- Elder Law Issues
- Estate Planning and Administration
- Special Needs Planning
Current Employment Position
- Founding Member
Marissa is a founding member at Kreisher Marshall & Associates, LLC and one of two certified elder law attorneys in Columbia and Montour Counties. She received her certification in 2016 from the National Elder Law Foundation as authorized by the Supreme Court. Marissa specializes in the areas of elder law, estate planning and administration, special needs planning and guardianship. Since 2021, Marissa has been the co-founder and co-chair of Dementia Friendly Susquehanna Valley, a division of Dementia Friendly Pennsylvania which provides education and outreach to those living with dementia and their care partners in the counties of Columbia, Montour, Northumberland and lower Luzerne.
A native of Indiana, Marissa earned her B.A. from Purdue University in 2005 and later earned her Juris Doctorate from Western Michigan University - Cooley Law School in Lansing, MI in 2008. Following law school, Marissa relocated to the Bloomsburg area where she worked as an associate attorney. In 2011, Marissa began focusing her career on elder law, with the assistance of Marianne Kreisher, at the Law Offices of Kreisher & Gregorowicz. In 2016, Marianne and Marissa introduced the concept of life care planning to their clients and community by becoming members of the Life Care Planning Law Firm Association and designating their office as a Life Care Planning Law Firm. They remain the only Life Care Planning Law Firm in the counties of Columbia and Montour. In 2019, Marissa and Marianne purchased Kreisher & Gregorowicz, changed the name to Kreisher Marshall & Associates, LLC, and redirected the entire office's focus to elder law.
Marissa is a member of the Pennsylvania Association of Elder Law Attorneys; National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys; Pennsylvania Bar Association where she serves on the Elder Law Council of the Elder Law Section and co-editor of the Elder Law Section newsletter; Columbia-Montour Bar Association; National Elder Law Foundation; Life Care Planning Law Firm Association and is an accredited attorney with the Department of Veterans Affairs. Marissa is a regular presenter for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute continuing education programs and was a contributing author to Elder Law in Pennsylvania, Ch. 11 - Medical Assistance Marriage Issues (5th ed., PBI Press 2019). She is also active in her community as a board member for the Community Giving Foundation and donates her time to the Bloomsburg Kiwanis Club and an annual golf tournament organized by the Knights of Columbus in Berwick benefiting Pennsylvania Wounded Warriors, Inc. Marissa resides in Orangeville with her husband Matt Golla, and their daughters Isabel and Zoey.
- Western Michigan University, Cooley Law School, Lansing, Michigan
- Juris Doctorate
- Purdue University
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts
- Pennsylvania Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Member
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- PBA Elder Law Division, Elder Council, Member
- Life Care Planning Law Firms Association, Member
- National Elder Law Foundation, Member
- Columbia-Montour Bar Association, Member
- Department of Veteran's Affairs, Attorney
- Dementia Friends Pennsylvania, Champion
- Community Giving Foundation, Secretary
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Elder Law Attorney, National Elder Law Foundation, Authorized by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, 2016
- Dementia Friendly Susquehanna Valley, co-chair
- Bloomsburg Kiwanis Club
- Pennsylvania Wounded Warriors, Inc.